Saturday, February 23, 2013

What I'm Doing


I've always had an interest in fashion - or at least ever since I pitched a fit at my 4th birthday about wanting to wear the pink sparkly dress, even though we were going to Chuck E. Cheese.

Point is, I love fashion, clothes and shopping, but I can't afford to buy all the things I want. So I'll live out my shopping addiction vicariously through this blog.

These are the things I want to include:

  1. Trends - I want to tell you what I think is going to be (or already is) a big thing.
  2. Celebrity Looks for less - because let's face it, we can't all buy a hella-tight Gucci t-shirt for $50.
  3. OOTD - which will probably be OOTW.. so don't expect that too often
  4. Make up and Hair - I mean, I'm a Sephora VIB for a reason, yeah?
  5. Runway/Event - such as the Academy Awards tomorrow night!

and yes I realize all of these things are basic "fashion blog" things

So that brings me to what makes my blog unique:

I live in Knoxville, TN. From the outsider's perspective, we can't possibly have fashion or style down here in little, ol' Knoxville. But we do! We are a (LIBERAL) college town with a thriving downtown and "Old City" scene. Hey, if you don't believe me, just know, Urban Outfitters and Anthropology have deemed us worthy of their stores.
I want to capture the street style of Knoxville; therefore, I promise to carry a (nice, Canon) camera around so when I come across stylish, interesting and fashionable people, I will ask them if I may take a picture, and then it will most definitely go on this blog.

streetKnox is about Knoxville's street style, because, ya know, no matter where we are, the street is our runway.

I don't do fashion, I am fashion.
Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment